Tuesday 6 November 2012

Thoughts on Benefit High Beam

 
 
 
When I heard that Glamour magazine were giving away this mini benefit sample a while ago now I knew I had to go out and buy it. Posietint and Benetint were also samples in this magazine however I had dupe products which I didn’t really use, therefore I just picked up the High beam Highlighter.
 
Before I tried this product, I had never used/applied cream highlighter before however ever since I have been using this I haven’t used one of my powder ones since. I do generally go for powder products but sometimes they can look cakey and very unnatural; but this cream highlight is absolutely the opposite! When applied and blended correctly I find that it gives beautiful light to the face while looking extremely natural.
 
I apply this highlighter after I have applied my foundation, concealer, powder and blush/bronzer to give a slight glow to my complexion. I really dislike shimmery and glittery products on my face (except eye shadow) as a lot of the time it is hard to create a natural look however this highlighter adds a nice glow without the glitter ball look. Obviously you can build up this product, whether you prefer a sheerer look or if you are going all out; In the day time I usually only apply a tiny bit however if I am going out I will apply more. Benefit describes this product as: 'Our satiny pink liquid highlighter accents cheek & brow bones for a radiant glow. Use as a spot highlighter or delicately blend all over your complexion. Looks perfectly radiant on all skin tones. It's the "supermodel in a bottle"!'
 
I believe that this product would work on all skin tones due to the brightness of the colour however my interpretation is that this product is more suited to pale skin and sun beam/moon beam are alternatives for darker skin tones.
 
Overall I am happy that I picked this mini sample up; I will not be purchasing the full product at £18.50 as Ihave heard that there are a few different dupes which I will be trying out once I have used up this one. 
Where to Buy
    
Any questions or enquiries just email me
oliviapeden@hotmail.co.uk
or comment below xx
Thankyou for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. I have the full bottle of this and use it everyday - its so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is.. Its lovely for Winter time too :) x

      Delete